Monday, March 9, 2009

Well That Was Fun

P3080023


P3080022

It's a rainy day outside but all sunshine in here. What a wonderful weekend we had. My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary this weekend. My amazing parents took all three kids overnight and my honey and I went to dinner on Friday night. Saturday we got right up and spent the day antiquing! I was so mad at myself that I left the house without my camera. With this blogging, I need to keep it in my purse.

The first place we went was to a local preservation society. They are a non-profit group that saves parts from homes that will be demolished or gutted. The warehouse is full of mouldings, doorknobs, doors, windows, even radiators and sinks. That's where I finally found the skeleton key I've been wanting. I just needed one to frame and had difficulty finding one.



P3080010

After that we headed over to my favorite antique store. It's a small shop but she always has amazing little tables and lots of great dishware, old linens, etc. Remember the new (to me) milk glass pattern I was looking for? I have my first piece. Sitting on a lower shelf, almost hidden from view sat these candlesticks. I was so excited! The best part was that they were only $9.00. The reason I didn't come home with anything from the other antique store where I first spotted it was the price tag.


P3080003

I also left with this sweet little jar.



P3070020

While we were out I bought the supplies to make a spring banner for my hutch. I plan on doing that this week. A couple other Easter touches also made their way into my cart this weekend.


P3080007



P3080005

It really was a lovely weekend. I'm even welcoming the dreary rain as it is a sign of all the wonderful things to come this spring.

I hope you all are having a great start to your week. I've had a lot of questions on my Everything Room post. I'm going to answer them all in a separate post. I can't tell you how much I appreciated all the sweet comments. It puts such a smile on my face to read your words and to visit you all. I gain such inspiration from all of you so thank you!
Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay and glad y'all had a great time! I love to go antiquing! Love all these pretties! What a cute little tassel, did you make it?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

aprilfoolwed said...

Happy Anniversary! Craig & I will also celebrate our 9th anniversary - in just 3 weeks! Where do you go to do your antiquing? We went on a visit to my inlaws this weekend and drove through Quakertown. So many neat shops there! I wish we could have stopped! I told Craig we need a child-free day and try those stores out one of these days!

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

so inspiring! (and what a man to go antiquing on your happy anniversary!) Happy 9th year!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a great weekend and your finds are all just wonderful. I can't wait to see what you do with them all. Hugs, Marty

xinex said...

Happy Anniversary! Everything you brought home are precious! Sounds like you had a great enjoyable weekend!...Christine

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the candlesticks very cute and the everything room looks great I love the color of the desk it looks great in there.
Have a wonderful week
julie

Stacey said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! A little time without kids is very important.

Kari said...

Congratulations and what a great way to spend your weekend! A dream for sure. Love all your finds!

DesignTies said...

Happy Aniversary!
I really like that little jar you picked up - looks like you found a few nice items to bring home!
Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Happy anniversary, and what lovely things you found. I especially love that jar with a lid - so pretty! Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a great anniversary. I always forget to bring my camera, too. I always miss out on so many great photo opportunities. Love the milk glass! So pretty. :)

kari and kijsa said...

Happy Anniversary! We do love framed keys!!! Beautiful tassel too!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Melissa Miller said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Your hanging bunny is adorable!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great time, and you scored some fabulous finds!

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Your easters eggs are beautiful..! I like its color and the painting is exquisite. Are you the one who painted that? Thanks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

OH, just popping back in to thank you for your visit and I wanna bunny tassel like yours! :) I'll have to go and see if I can find one. It's just precious!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)