Thursday, January 16, 2014

Crafty, crafty, crafty....and disorganized



 
 
I've been working on trying to organize my workspace.  In my head, not in action just yet.  As my business has changed over the past year, the supplies I need to keep handy are changing as well.  
 
And while I need to have a place for everything, I'm also feeling that familiar urge to "keep it pretty" as well.  When I started selling on Etsy last year, I ended up taking over my dining room.  You might remember it used to look nice.....
 
 
 
 
Now it looks like this, sad I know. 
 
 
 
I've been snooping around online and found some inspiration.  Thought I would share it with you in case you have your own chaos to organize right now!
 
What is it about the New Year that makes us want to clean and organize?  It's so annoying! ;)
 
This is an adorable space I found on Sincerely Jen.  Great colors, everything out in the open so you can find a specific fabric easily.
 
 
 
I love this transformation over at Crafty Texas Girls.  She did a great job on her work space. 
 
 

 

 

 
 
Another great space from Clover & Violet, tell me this isn't the cutest fabric display ever?  It's just happy.
 
 
 
 
How do you organize your craft or work space?   I'd love some tips before I tackle mine!
 
Michelle
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you wanted ideas for organizing, but I don't have any (not true, my suggestion is at the end of this comment). All I have is just a HUGE "Thank You!" for posting the pic of your dining room now. I, too, have commandeered our dining room for my crafts (and for homeschool, and... oh, yeah, we eat there, too) and have spent much time studying lovely pics of other's organized spaces. but the thing is, all the organizing in the world is not going to fix what it looks like when we're "doing". Like, when I'm doing one of my usual four-projects-going-at-any-one-time and then I have to stop to do school with my girls (or feed the family, or fix the leaky toilet, etc). The stopping and starting plus multiple projects to keep my happy and sane equal a bit of a messy dining room. But that's how it goes. And it's good to see that that's how it goes in other crafty homes, too. So thank you for showing it like it is. And unless you can't create in it as is, I don't think it should be too neat and matchy-matchy cute or, just thinking of me here, you won't want to mess it up to make beautiful things. :)

But if you do have to tidy it up, say when company is coming over and you need a place to eat, lol... my suggestion is suitcases. Actually it's a separate storage room, at least that's where I keep most of my "goodies". Mine is in my basement and was supposed to be my sewing room but it just wasn't meant to be or at least not down there. But, for all the fabric, ribbons, buttons, glues, glitter, what-have-you that makes it's way up to the dining room, I use 3 old/vintage suitcases, the hard sided kind. Then I stack them up in the dining room or living room and they function as a side table. Every so often (or not so often, maybe 2 or 3 times a year) I go through them and take stuff back downstairs if they haven't been used in a while. It's not much of an organizing tip, but it does spiff things up when needed.