Monday, June 15, 2009

Powder Room Inspiration


My husband and I were just discussing our powder room. It's a room I haven't shown on here. After we moved in I did a quick fix to it. Enough to get us by until we could decide how we wanted it to be and afford new fixtures. If you can picture this, the day we took possession of the house our powder room had purple walls, a powder blue pedestal sink with matching blue toilet and gold curtains. Oh...and the light switch cover was green. It was....ummm....interesting. As a quick, Ican'ttakethisanymore makeover I painted the walls a brown and decorated with blue and brown accents. Well, it's time to fix it for real. I've been searching for inspiration and found these wonderful images on Country Living.



When we get to it, I'll post a proper before and after. Right now we're just in the talking phase, lots of outside stuff to do first! Enjoy the pics!




























































18 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh...I want them all!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

angelo said...

Just gorgeous.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Gorgous....I love them....

What a super cute blog...so glad that I stopped by even if it is the middle of the night...INSOMNIA....

I enjoyed reading your blog tonight....Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh I love that pass-through window in the first pic. That gives me inspiration for my own master bath. Love that idea. Can't wait to see your Afters. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your bathroom transformation! I do love your inspiring bathroom pix!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :0

Queen B. said...

Oh, I love the first picture with the stained glass...what a great idea.
None of my bathrooms has a window like that !
waaaaa!!

Jen Kershner said...

Lovely inspiration-light and airy. That's a combo you can never go wrong with!

june@craftyniche said...

Cute powder rooms! Our master bathroom is the one that our guests use since it's downstairs and off to the kitchen and I can't wait until we get it repainted and fixed up nicely. One day...I just love your home! So warm, cozy, and inviting!

Kari said...

Love them all but the last two are 2 of my faves. I'm sure whatever you do it will be amazing, as you already proved with your other bathroom!

Sue said...

aaahhh... I love the first pic! so quaint, with the lead glass window and the glass paned wall... but I'd want the tub in the second to last pic, too. Calgon, take me away...

Rue said...

Oooo... I love it when you get inspired! That means we get to see the makeover that's even better than the pictures :)

rue

Anne Marie said...

Mine is a mixture of all, but I need some more feminity in there!
perfume perhaps?

but always flowers....always!

Unknown said...

Michelle, such lovely inspiration bathrooms! I know whatever you do to the powder room will be fantastic.

Nancy

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I love the first one! Love the door! I may have to try that.

I know whatever you are inspired to do, it will be stunning and I can't wait to see it.

Lou Cinda :)

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Purple walls? Blue sink? With your lovely inspiration pictures it will be lovely when you are finished. Happy Monday.

cherry said...

LOVe that first one...soooo tranquil...and small...but cozy. cherry

flax and spindle said...

All so lovely...which one should I pick?

Melissa Miller said...

Very pretty inspiration Michelle!

You are so kind to come by and say such sweet things. I appreciate it.

Have a wonderful evening.
~Melissa :)