Tuesday, March 2, 2010

8 Years, How Did That Happen?!

This beautiful girl is 8 years old today. Last year I wrote this post about her. I was going to just repost it but thought I would link instead and write a new post for my sweet baby girl.


Let me tell you a little something about Ella. She is one of the kindest souls I know, so sensitive to how other people feel. If I'm having a rough day or feeling down, she is the one who will come give me a hug. She can just tell what you need.


If you want a patient friend, Ella is your girl. She has such a knack for teaching, I know she will make an amazing mama some day. There is no shortness or impatience in her voice, she'll show me how to work her DS without getting annoyed as I die 10 times playing Mario Bros.


Ella has inherited my love of decorating. She is always fixing things in her room and loves to fill her bed with comfy pillows and her favorite stuffed animals. If I go into an antique or thrift store, she's right behind me, excited to see what we will discover. She is the one who will notice my latest project and stop to tell me how much she loves it. I've started asking her to help me pick things out, the girl is a natural I tell you. HGTV, watch out!


She is funny and smart, understanding and gentle. She loves her family, her friends, and her dogs. Her laughter is loud and contagious and she will always have a smile for you.


Happy 8th Birthday to our Ella Rose! We love you tons and tons......




There must be an angel with a smile on her face,When she thought up
that I should be with you.
~James Blunt


17 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Happy birthday, Ella! My oldest granddaughter is named Ella Kate. I just love the name "Ella"! Linda

1 Funky Woman said...

Happy Birthday to your little one. I love that she is into decorating. When I was little my mother and I would move furniture around and have fun chooching and now my daughter seems to have an opinion on what should go where, lol!

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Ella! What a beautiful girl and sounds like she is as sweet as she is pretty! Hugs to you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ella Rose! You are beautiful! That is very exciting that she loves to decorate already. That's how I was at her age, always rearranging furniture in my Barbie dollhouse...go figure!! It seems like it's been 8 years since you posted....LOL!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday Ella!!! She is just gorgeous and sounds like a WONDERFUL little girl! Eat lots of cake and ice cream today Ella.♥

Kathysue said...

Ella Rose is a real beauty and the fact that she is just as beautiful inside is even more amazing . What a lovely tribute to your sweet girl. Happy Bday to Ella. Kathysue

beth said...

Happy birthday, Ella! Hope you have a fun day, beautiful girl! :)

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Happy Birthday Ella!! Hope she has a beautiful day!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Honey!!!

She's getting so big Michelle!

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Happy Birthday, Ella Rose!
A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.....

xo, misha

Melissa Miller said...

Happy 8th Birthday Ella Rose!

Michelle your children are just so precious. I'm glad to see you back blogging. You were missed!

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Lynette said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little one -
Her smile just seems to light up her face - what a lovely post about a lovely girl!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a beautiful girl!! And not just exceptionally pretty, but beautiful on the inside too! She's a keeper! :) Hope she has a wonderful, magical birthday!!

Rue said...

Happy Birthday Ella! You're as beautiful as your momma :)

Hey sweet friend! I've missed you. I'm sorry to have been away so long.

xoxo,
rue

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Happy Birthday to her!

My little one turned one today :(

xinex said...

Your daughter is a beauty! And what a sweet girl! Happy birthday, Ella!....Christine

Nishant said...

What a beautiful girl and sounds like she is as sweet as she is pretty! Hugs to you my friend!
work at home in india