Friday, January 2, 2009

In a crafting mood...

Yesterday was the first day we've gotten out as a family to return things and shop since Christmas. Everyone is finally feeling better and it was nice to get out! I ran into Michaels for some fake fruit, the rest of the family waited in the car. Can you believe they didn't want to come in?! Anyway, I decided I was in a crafting mood so I bought myself a little project for last night. I made some fun letters for the dining room above the french doors. They are just MDF type letters. I picked out a green patterned scrapbook paper for them.

Here they are a few hours later. I just rested them on the moulding so when I get tired of them, they can be taken down without leaving nail holes.

We went to Walmart as well. Man, that place was a madhouse! I took a quick stroll through the craft department like aways and was annoyed to see the lemons I just purchased at Michaels were half the price at Walmart. Darn! As I was heading toward the fabric section, this blue caught my eye. I ran right over and there was this gorgeous blue and beige toile. I had Ella with me and she humored me by getting just as excited as I was! Actually, she did get a sewing machine for Christmas so I may just put her to work!

This fabric is now the inspiration for our "Everything Room." It's perfect! I love toile and this shade of blue is just the pop of color the room will need. Now I have a starting point so I can really begin planning out the decor for the room. Isn't it great when you find that first piece to work from? Everything tends to just fall in place from there.

This sweet little sign was on clearance at Kohls. I'm afraid my house is getting a bit "wordy" so I need to cut back but I couldn't resist this one. I love the saying and the neutral colors were perfect for my house. I wish I could get a better picture but when I tried to use the flash, it glared on the words.

I also bought three small cream colored plates to hang above my stove. I'm out of plate hangers over here so Home Depot is on the list for today. When I get them hung I'll snap a pic.



I hope everyone is having a great day!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Your home can never get too "wordy". Love the "Dine" in the dinningroom. I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon, but instead of words, I'm trying to find numbers. Problem is, once I find them, I don't know what to do with them.

Glad to hear everyone is feeling better.

Wendy

Kathy said...

Wow, I don't come by for a few days and look what you've done!
I love the "dine"! This is a new concept to me, actually come home and complete the project you purchased. You are doing so many neat things to your house, it is becoming the home you envisioned.

Sue said...

Gosh !!! you have lots of energy left over from the holidays.

I love the fabric you purchased from walmart---I would like to know what color paint is on the chest you have displayed the fabric on?

It looks a little like it maybe grey====I really like the chest and color.

sue

jerseygirl211 said...

You were lucky, you moved to a great area in Pa.. I'm sure my feelings about the state would have been much different is we had even moved a few miles south of Pottsville.
Yes, Jersey is very expensive that is why we didn't buy there. We had always spent our summers at Long Beach Island, when out kids were small. New houses were going for $29,000 then and we always thought we'd retire there. Who would have thought the prices would have gone 'out of sight'.
I think the things you showed on your blog today are great. It's things like that that make a house a home and shows the warmth of 'the lady of the house' who put them there. :)

'D'